NEWS

Around 6000 Manimahesh Yatris evacuated and sent back in buses and taxis: CS

Chief Secretary Prabodh Saxena who took a review meeting to enquire about the number of stranded passengers in Chamba, here today stated that as many as 6000 passengers have been picked up in both private and HRTC buses and taxis and have been sent to Nurpur and Pathankot.

He said that the HRTC buses were sent to Pathankot on Friday from Kalsuin carrying devotees and 20 buses were sent on Saturday viz: 17 to Pathankot and others to Kangra and Dehra. He said that 60 buses were stationed at Chamba and were being sent as per need and rush of the pilgrims.

He said that as per the latest reports approximately 5000 Manimahesh Yatris are left in Bharmour and only around 500 devotees were now left in Chamba who were mainly from adjoining districts of Jammu and Kashmir and would be sent as soon as the Langera road opens for the light vehicles, the work of which was going on war-footing.

He stated that the Chamba-Bharmour road had been opened till Kalsuin and Rajera. Apart from this, the ‘Jot’ road was opened to traffic upto ‘Gate’.

As far as the situation in Lahaul-Spiti is concerned, the ‘Pagal Nallah’ has been opened for traffic and heavy vehicle movement was being done towards Kaza. The road to ‘Aleo’ has been opened and made through for Light vehicles through Rohtang Pass. Four oil tankers have also been moved from Atal tunnel to Keylong after the Pagal Nallah blockade was opened.

The road situation in Kullu-Manali is also improving. The left bank has been opened for Manali, the road leading to Banjar has been opened and the communication services restored in the Banjar area, stated Director-cum-Special Secretary, Disaster Management, D.C Rana. He said that by tomorrow truck movement would be started from Lahaul.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *